Thursday, January 14, 2010

I guess Conner feels left out

Today I had to take Conner to the hospital to have an ultrasound done of his brain. The neonatologist doesn't like the size of his head or his soft spot. Both are bigger than she would like. So that was out adventure today. Of course once we got there their computers went down and it took an hour longer than it should have. That wouldn't have been that big a deal if poor Conner had been allowed to eat. I was told he couldn't eat two hours before appointment. Well his appt was at 11:00 and they didn't get to him until 12:00. He was starving and really ready for a nap. The radiologist told me I could get him something to drink if he could lay down while drinking it. Poor little guy was so tired that he fell asleep while she was doing the ultrasound. Which worked out really good because she was able to get great shots of his brain. I am not really worrying at this point. I figure I will wait and see first. Also while at the neonatologist she heard a murmur on Conner. So now we have to go to the cardiologist and have an echo cardiogram to make sure it isn't affecting his heart function. Seeing how the cardiologist knows us so well they were kind enough to let Conner tag along with Dylan in February. I am praying that we get good news on both of them. Dylan has been doing great. He hasn't had any heart issues of late. We are only going in Feb for a check up. My mother also has a heart murmur and has had all of her life. Their pediatrician actually heard it about a month ago and she seems to think that it is fine and nothing really to worry about. I have taken the same approach with this as I have with the ultrasound. Until somebody gives me something to worry about I am not going to worry. (not to much anyway) We definitely have enough to keep us busy in the meantime. Conner is getting into everything. He is starting to run and falling a lot again. Dylan is keeping us busy running around for physical and occupational therapy. I truly think that it is helping him. He is much looser than he was six months ago. We are going to up it as well. Hopefully it will only make things better for him.

1 comment:

  1. You're such a great mom..you do an awesome job with your boys.

    ReplyDelete