Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dylan and Conner update

I haven't updated on Dylan in a while so I thought I would. He is off all of his heart medications!!!! That is a blessing in itself. We go back to the cardiologist in February to have an echo of his heart to make sure everything looks good. He seems to have grown out of his SVT's but he still has the Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. He will have this the rest of his life. We just pray that it will not affect the function of his heart. If it doesn't then he will not have to be on medication for it. All we can do it wait. As far as his Cerebral Palsy goes. He has started a medication called Baclofen. This is used to help with the stiffness. The doctors say some kids it works great with and some it doesn't work at all. I am praying that he is in the group that does help. At 18 months he will start to receive Botox injections. I'm hoping the doctor will give me some while we are there. This will help with the stiffness as well.
Dylan is very close to sitting on his own. He is starting to feed himself with a couple of foods and loves playing in his Bumbo seat. He is reaching and grabbing for everything that is in front of him. His therapies are definitely paying off. He is an amazing little boy and he is teaching me different things everyday.

Conner is my little mad man. He is walking everywhere and starting to run a little bit. He is into everything. He even seems to crack himself up sometimes. He is talking up a storm. He can say dada, mama, night night, and no. He has also learned to shake his head no. As you can imagine this is his favorite thing to do. Everything is no, no matter what it is. He is a riot! I can't get over how much he looks like a little boy now. He doesn't even resemble a baby anymore. It makes me sad but also very happy.

I cried the other day just watching him run around. Its amazing how they grow up right before my eyes. Make sure you cherish every minute you get to spend with your children because one day you will blink and they will be gone, moved out of the house and making one of their own. Have a wonderful New Year's Eve and I can't wait to see what the new year brings.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear they are both doing so well. I hope I can come down and see you all this year! I hope you have a wonderful new year full of wonderful memories with your beautiful family! Miss you, love you!

    ReplyDelete