Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hair loss

This post will be short and sweet.  I wish someone would have let me in on the secret that you loose your hair after you have had a baby.  About 4 months after the boys were born I started loosing massive amounts of hair.  I seriously thought something was wrong with me.  Joe actually saw all of the hair on the shower wall one day and he wanted to take me to the doctor.  I just attributed it to stress and the thought that maybe someone was slipping me some kind of drug in my drink.  Well, luckily I was at Laura's baby shower and hair lose subject actually came up.  Well, you can imaging my relief when I realized I was dying and that it was completely normal.  Apparently if you breast feed it is worse to.  So to all of the mom's to be or new moms out there get ready.  It is awful and will clog your drain up.  I would suggest getting some kind of hair catcher for the drain.  hope all is well

3 comments:

  1. I dread it. I also didn't know it happened so far out, so when I wasn't losing it right away, I thought I was avoiding it. No, I'm not that lucky. The one good thing right now, though, is that I'm not losing any hair. I used to lose some each day, but right now I'm not losing any. Maybe I'm building it up to soon start losing it all :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously thought Kris was really sick. It is not normal....I don't care what anybody says

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was going to have to start looking for hair plugs or a wig. I lost so much hair. I think around 6 months it stopped falling out as much. It will get better! Everything does...slowly but surely.

    ReplyDelete