Thursday, April 23, 2009

Other People's children

Okay I love kids as much as the next person.  I mean I was a nanny.  However, I can't stand unruly children and parents that do nothing about them!!  I took Dylan to the doctor today to get the reflux stuff under control and there was this little girl in the waiting room with her mother.  She was probably 18 months or so.  She was pointing at Dylan and saying baby and touching his leg.  I was completely fine with this.  I don't care if someone touches him, just not his face or hands.  I have become so worried about germs.  Anyway, I turned my head to get something out of my bag and all of the sudden Dylan starts screaming.  This little monster has dug her fingernails into the top of Dylan's head and is hitting him on the leg.  I have no idea what prompted this other than I focused my attention on something else and she didn't like it.  Poor Dylan :(  His little head was bleeding and God love him he has my skin so it was so red and irritated.  So I am about to drop kick this little kid when I come to my senses and tell myself this won't be the first time nor the last that he gets hurt by a kid.  I also not blind to the fact that he will probably impose some pain on some kids as well, but I will definitely discipline for doing it.  which leads me to my point of this post.  The mother did absolutely nothing to her child and that made me so mad.  I was upset about what happened, but for her not to do anything made me livid.  She did apologize to me but still.  All I am saying is if your child does something to someone's kid at least make an effort to get on to them.  That way they hopefully won't do it again.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm in shock. I can't believe that. I don't know what I would have done. I would have been mortified if my child did that to someone else's baby. I don't know if I could have been nice to her when she apologized. Some people...

    ReplyDelete